Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010 Unleashed is the 100% new, 100% practical developer’s guide to Microsoft’s most powerful version of BizTalk Server. Written by an expert team of Microsoft insiders and BizTalk MVPs, it reflects unsurpassed experience with all phases of BizTalk enterprise solutions development, from planning through deployment and administration.
The authors begin by introducing BizTalk Server’s architecture and key integration concepts. Next, they offer in-depth coverage of BizTalk’s foundational features, including schemas, maps, orchestrations, and pipelines. You’ll learn how to effectively utilize both standard and custom adapters; monitor integration services; leverage cloud computing via Windows Azure; implement operational BI solutions; and make the most of business rules and BizTalk’s Business Rules Engine (BRE).
The authors offer best practices and “in the trenches” tips for everything from managing deployments through implementing state-of-the-art mobile RFID solutions. No other book offers this much useful, pragmatic, and tested knowledge for successful BizTalk development.
Brian Loesgen is a Principal Architect Evangelist on Microsoft’s Azure ISV team. A six-time Microsoft MVP, he has extensive experience in building advanced enterprise, ESB, and SOA solutions. He has coauthored eight books, including SOA with .NET and Windows Azure. Charles Young, a principal consultant at Solidsoft, and Jan Eliasen, an IT architect at Logica, have each been honored repeatedly as BizTalk MVPs, and are highly respected bloggers in the BizTalk community. Scott Colestock, chief architect for Trace Ventures, specializes in using BizTalk to implement integration and service orchestration solutions. He is a member of Microsoft’s Architectural Advisory Board and a BizTalk MVP. Anush Kumar, CTO of S3Edge, served as Microsoft’s RFID business leader and was heavily involved in designing and architecting its BizTalk RFID offerings. Jon Flanders is an independent consultant, instructor for Pluralsight, BizTalk MVP, and author of RESTful .NET.
- Apply BizTalk Server’s sophisticated, scalable message exchange model to support virtually any business requirement
- Get your schemas right the first time, so you can avoid major problems downstream
- Use BizTalk Mapper to create maps for transforming inbound and outbound XML messages and supporting business processes
- Use orchestration to automate even highly-complex processes
- Utilize adapters and WCF to integrate any application, service, or system
- Extend your application’s reach with Windows Azure AppFabric
- Capture key BizTalk infrastructure, services, and business metrics
- Build powerful rules-based solutions with Microsoft’s Business Rules Framework
- Establish an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) that uses BizTalk Server as core messaging infrastructure
- Efficiently manage, configure, and troubleshoot BizTalk through the Administration Console
- Create RFID applications ranging from simple label printing to end-to-end business processes