High Performance MySQL teaches you advanced techniques in depth so you can bring out MySQL's full power. Learn how to design schemas, indexes, queries, and advanced MySQL features for maximum performance, and get detailed guidance for tuning your MySQL server, operating system, and hardware to their fullest potential. You'll also learn practical, safe, high-performance ways to scale your applications with replication, load balancing, high availability, and failover.
This third edition is completely revised and reflects recent advances in MySQL and InnoDB performance, features, and tools. Major additions include:
- Achieving high performance with MySQL in the cloud
- Using the new features in MySQL 5.5
- Taking advantage of modern multi-core CPUs and solid-state disks
- Improvements in replication, high availability, and new clustering options
- New tools for hot online backups
The book also includes chapters on benchmarking, profiling, backups, cloud computing, solid-state disks, and tools and techniques to help you measure, monitor, and manage your MySQL installations.