In-depth coverage of Microsoft's new programming language-F# 2010
F# is a new programming language from Microsoft, a fusion of object-oriented and functional approaches, which offers a number of new features and approaches to making software easier to write. Supported for the first time with Visual Studio 2010, F# is particularly ideal for software that needs to take full advantage of multicore processors, and this comprehensive book covers all aspects of this functional language.
Assuming familiarity with C#, VB, C++, or Java, the authors cover such topics as binding values and control flow, simple and complex types, pattern matching, complex functions, and imperative and object programming in F#. You'll see how F# interacts with the .NET CLR and C#, and you'll review F# and .NET data access through LINQ, ADO.NET, and the Entity Framework.
- F# is a new programming language from Microsoft, and offers an original approach to making software easier to write
- Addresses binding values and control flow, simple and complex types, pattern matching, and complex functions
- Examines imperative and object programming in F#, packaging, and functional design concepts and patterns
- Discusses F# and the .NET CLR, F# and C# interaction, and F# and .NET data access
- Reviews communication with System.xml and WCF
Professional F# 2010 is essential reading if you are writing new code for complex or multi-processor applications.