The Windows Phone 7 platform provides a remarkable opportunity for Windows developers to create state-of-the-art mobile applications using their existing skills and a familiar toolset. Pro Windows Phone 7 Development will help you unlock the potential of this platform and create dazzling, visually rich, and highly functional applications for your business and for the community.
The book starts by introducing you to the features and specifications of the Windows Phone series, and then leads you through the complete application development process. You'll learn how to use Microsoft technologies like Silverlight, .NET, and Visual Studio effectively and how to make your apps location-aware using GPS data, utilize the rich media capabilities of the Windows Phone series, and much more. Finally, you'll receive a full tutorial on how to publish and sell your application through the Windows Phone Marketplace.
What you'll learn
- Discover the specifications and capabilities of Windows Phone series phones and how to harness the power in your applications
- Understand the relationship of Silverlight, .NET, and Visual Studio and how to use those tools most effectively to develop phone apps
- Learn how to develop applications that are location-aware and how to leverage GPS and other data to integrate location functions into your code
- Develop rich media applications that harness the graphics capabilities of Windows Phone models
- See how to connect your app to social media, the Internet, a corporate back-end, how to "plug in" your app and more
- Step through the process of publishing your application to the Windows Phone Marketplace
Who this book is for
This book is primarily for .NET developers eager to learn how to use their existing skills to develop for the new Windows Phone 7 platform. It does assume some knowledge of C#, managed code in general, and a basic level of familiarity with Visual Studio.
Software developers proficient in other languages will also find this book helpful to get up to speed with developing Silverlight- and .NET-based Windows Phone applications.
Anyone with a curiosity about creating Windows Phone applications, or the handsets or platform itself, will find many interesting pages in this book.