We have great news - Steve Souders, WPO guru and founder of Web Performance movement is coming to NYC and going to have a free form AQA (All Questions Answered) session!
Steve does not need an introduction in our group, he created YSlow, lead the original Exceptional Performance team at Yahoo! and now works on web performance and open source at Google. Steve is a co-chair of O'Reilly Velocity conference leading Web Performance side of the conference.
I saw his talk at Web 2.0 Conference in 2007 and his performance evangelism work inspired me to start this group!
Time Inc. is hosting and sponsors our Restaurant Associates Pizza and Beverages for the event.
Organizer: Alla Gringaus, Web Technology Fellow at Time Inc.
Catchpoint is sponsoring our geekaways - be ready for some cool stuff!
6:15 - Arrive to Time Inc, meet other members, eat pizza
6:45 - Event starts
7:00 - All Questions Answered by Steve Souders
8:15 - Book giveaway
8:30 - Open Discussion, Networking
Getting in & security:
- Arrive to 1271 Ave of the Americas, enter either 50th or 51st streets entrances
- Try to arrive at 6:15 to allow enough time for getting the badge and scan your bag
- At the table near the baggage scan area, you?ll see Alla Gringaus, Web Technology Fellow, Time Inc. She?ll hand you the building Guest Badge
- Right there, proceed to get your bag scanned, to get a green sticker
- Prepare your photo ID, for the security checkpoint, by the turnstiles
- Take the escalator near the reception towards the meeting room #1 on the 2nd Fl, follow the signs
- Time Inc. sponsored pizza and beverages. The reception will be held between 6:30 and 7pm.
- Occupy your seat.
- For those who will arrive after 7pm, you might not see Alla at the table by the reception. Call her mobile 646 391 9671 ? she?ll come when she can to get you.
Directions on Google Maps: http://g.co/maps/mqmzf
Entrance on StreetView: http://g.co/maps/4ka53
O'Reilly Velocity is much more than a conference; it's become the essential training event for web professionals. Join us June 25-28, 2012 in Santa Clara, CA.
Akamai® is the leading cloud platform for helping enterprises provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere.
Yottaa provides innovative cloud services enabling its customers to assess, benchmark, monitor and optimize their website performance.
Strangeloop provides advanced front-end optimization (FEO) solutions to companies like eBay/PayPal, Visa, and O'Reilly Media.
Catchpoint is sponsoring us by providing 10% discount to our members and books to raffle.