The Friday lead-in event features various Scala open source developers who will discuss Scala open source project "best practices". These will include topics like:
- Setup: giter8, git, and other setup aids
- Building: getting started with sbt, using Maven (shudder), etc.
- Testing: Using ScalaTest and Specs, SCCT for coverage, etc.
- Profiling: Caliper and, maybe, YourKit
- Documentation: Pamflet, Scaladoc, sbt-lwm, Github Pages
- Releasing: sbt-assembly, publishing to Sonatype, announcing your project with herald, etc.
- Hosting: Where to put your code. (Should you use GitHub, like so many people? What about Bitbucket.org or other sites?)
- Anything else we think fits.