Come work on Python projects, get programming help, help others, and hang out. Bring your own project or work on one of the suggested projects below. We'll have members available to help beginning Python programmers with language basics and practice.
Audience: Everyone! We'll have something for all Python experience levels.
Things to bring: a wireless-enabled laptop and power cord
Need some project ideas? How about:
- The official Python tutorial: http://docs.python.org/tutorial/
- How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python: http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/
- An introduction to Python through writing games: http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/
- Learn Python the Hard Way: http://learnpythonthehardway.org
- Python coding exercises: http://codingbat.com/python
Projects and competitions
- Contribute to an open-source project that uses Python. If you contribute to an open source project that uses Python and want to help new contributors, let us know in a comment!
- Use Python to participate in space exploration:http://spacehack.org
- Unleash your inner DJ with the Echo Nest and Echo Nest Remix APIs
- Want to learn a Python web framework? Check out the Django tutorial: https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.3/intro/tutorial01/