How to access a MySQL database with .NET

This is a comment thread discussing How to access a MySQL database with .NET
  • 16 years ago
    Very goog article!

Now... I am trying to use the MaxDB version of that database, since it supports stored procedures.

I have been able to connect and to execute SQL command, but when trying to use a SP it happens an error.

Example:

odbcComm.CommandText = "call playercount";

ERROR [42000] [MySQL MaxDB][SQLOD32 DLL][MaxDB] Syntax error or access violation;-3005 POS(1) Invalid SQL statement ERROR [42000] [MySQL MaxDB][SQLOD32 DLL][MaxDB] Syntax error or access violation;-3005 POS(1) Invalid SQL statement

Have you some experience with this version?

Best Regards!

Sergio Cossa
    Argentina
  • 16 years ago
    Dear SergioCossa

I am new to the MaxDB database and trying to connect from my asp.Net application and Don't have any Idea for the same....Can you just guide me to get a start. And I searched complete web for a solution but could not get a solution - I would like to know whether u r using provider or DSN for establishing connection...If so how and just show by code to have the same...

thanks

Santhosh
    India
  • 16 years ago

Could you please just guide me to write the connection string for asp.net and MaxDB. I have installed MaxDb 7.5 and its ODBC 7.5 and SQL Studio.. But Have no Idea of how to connect to the database from asp.net...

School Administration at your Finger Tips.

• 16 years ago

Can u just tell how do u connect to MaxDB using the languages that u r using...Moreover if you come accross, give some links that highlight on the connectivity of asp.net and MaxDB.

Intranet Application-E Commerce-web Solutions

Smart way to be on NET

• 14 years ago

maybe this is the wrong place for this specific question, but how do you walk through the data? In Visual Basic 6, using databases was easy. Create a record set, then;   recordsetName!FieldName

I can't find any easy way to do this in C#. Any ideas?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” - Rick Osborne