Mobile App and API Developer
- Seattle, United States
WhitePages is the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S. We are a top 40 website with over 40 million unique monthly users, and we power over 2 billion searches on over 1,500 sites including MSN and the United States Postal Service. Already the largest and most trusted online directory, we are developing new location based mobile and Internet services that make it easier than ever to find and connect with the people and businesses you are looking for. Additionally we are building an impressive B2B offering that utilizes our core data sets and allows businesses to better serve their own customers.
Joining WhitePages offers you the opportunity to work in small, nimble, empowered teams and the assurance of joining a company that has been profitable every year since our incorporation in 2000. We think big, yet act small, and innovation and entrepreneurial spirit run deep. We’re headquartered in the heart of Downtown Seattle, have strong company values, an exciting culture, and respect and appreciate diversity as an equal opportunity employer.
As a key member on this small, yet powerful and growing team, you will be responsible for design, architecture and development of applications for platforms such as Android, iOS and Windows Mobile. You will also be an integral part of developing the API platform and web services that work together to provide a best in class mobile experience. Bring your experience designing, architecting and developing complex mobile applications as well as your skills for building web services or API platform. You need to be ready to roll up your sleeves from the moment you walk in the door because our team is revenue generating, and we have some awesome new services and enhancements to finalize. Oh, and one more thing…. Our team gets a little crazy – the good kind of crazy – so you should also bring your sense of humor, zany ideas, and your fun factor!
Skills & Requirements
You must have…
- Experience with designing/architecting applications on mobile platforms such as Android, iOS, RIM, and/or Windows Mobile;
- Impressive coding chops in Objective-C or Java, preferably for mobile applications;
- Experience building web services or API platforms;
- Know-how for developing on a SQL platform such as SQLite, Postgres, MySQL or SQL Server;
- Experience working in Unix/Linux/BSD environments;
- A B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent; and/or 5-7 or more years of professional programming experience.
You must be….
- Motivated to get coding and consistently meet or beat aggressive timelines;
- Passionate about an agile development environment – we work quickly and iterate often; and
- Able to translate a business requirement into a piece of technical art and direction.
Extra points if you…
- Understand and have at least toyed with XHTML/Mobile Web engineering and best practices for performance;
- Are familiar with Ruby and Ruby on Rails, and would love to learn even more about them.
How to apply