Junior Software Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
- £18,000-25,000 GBP per year
Software engineer with experience or study of object oriented design, agile development, design patterns, web development and at least one language.
Experience or study
- Agile software development methodology (XP, Scrum, etc.)
- Object oriented design
- Design patterns (not just MVC)
- At least one language: .NET, Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Building software for the web
- Bonus points for any of the senior role’s experience Skills
- Plenty of initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Very smart
- Motivated by difficult challenges
- Passionate about software engineering, web or web 2.0, ecommerce, or agile
- Strong desire to rapidly grow into an amazing software engineer
- Have been putting the hours in at home, coding, hacking, blogging, designing
- May have dropped out of university or not even gone in order to code instead
- Thrives in less formal environments
- Bonus points for cycling or triathlon interest
About the company
Wiggle (www.wiggle.co.uk) is a successful and rapidly growing ecommerce site for cycle and triathlon goods, with significant volumes of international sales. The business is based near Portsmouth.
We are making changes to our IT infrastructure in 2010, and are looking for a number of engineers to join the business. As our growth continues, there will be plenty of opportunities to take leading roles in designing and implementing the shape of Wiggle’s IT.
Wiggle’s technology is mostly built in-house, with.NET 3.5 with SQL Server 2005.
How to apply
To apply please send you CV, together with a covering letter outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org