Silverlight 5 Thoughts with Brian Goldfarb, Ward Bell and Adam Kinney!
Recorded December 2, 2010
At the Silverlight 5 Firestarter, we were able to record a spectacular show with some Silverlight luminaries. It’s a great peak into what’s coming in Silverlight. The people we grabbed:
Here’s what we talk about:
- What’s striking about Silverlight 5?
- How do the 3D APIs balance against the more enterprise features?
- How did Out of the Browser come about in Silverlight 3?
- Some hints as to the direction of future Silverlight development.
- Kelly goes back in time to talk about the Kinect and make predictions about today.
- What will the impact of New User Interfaces be on the development process?
- Things to focus your career on.
Brian Henderson is a Silverlight Designer/Architect and INETA Community Champion. A few of the activities Brian can be found participating are flying (pilot), kayaking, hiking, or just taking video/photos.
Kelly White is an independent Silverlight Consultant. He previously lead the PDXUX.Net user group, and now runs the Portland Silverlight User Group with Erik Mork. Kelly has presented at user groups and code camps throughout the northwest on both Silverlight and WPF.
Music kindly provided by YACHT.