In this episode Jim and Mark talk about the recent release of Visual Studio 2010 SP1 and the new web related features included in the SP. They also describe a few new approaches to testing - engaging in feature development early and focusing on using their product like a customer. Learn how they’re able to achieve this, why it’s important and some of the value they’ve already seen in this approach.
This Week’s News:
- Visual Studio SP1 released
- Developer Experience Testing
- Engaging in feature development early. It’s possible if you’re not stuck dealing with test debt from the last release
- Broad product knowledge helps
- Ties in with our application building experience
- Application Building and Being the Customer
- Focused application building is better than forced application building
- '”Wishlist” application released as a template for ASP.NET Web Pages
- Highlights design issues that would frustrate users
- Requires significant time investment
- Need to balance test value versus getting an application to “product quality”
- Critical issue discovered involving interaction between three technologies
- If you don’t know how your customers use your product, you need to figure that out.