Newscast for July 6th 2011
- Java 7 released
- IBM has released WebSphere v8 with support for Java EE 6, including
- The schedule for the strangeloop conference in St. Louis, MO from Sept 18th to 20th has been published.
- A new trailer for the 2011 JavaZone conference is up, and it's great.
- JAX Innovation award winners - winners received $10000
- Developer calls out Amazon's app-store as a disaster.
- Half a million android devices are activated every day now and the number is growing 4.4% week over week.
- The US Patent and Trademark Office may have dealt a killer blow to Oracle's lawsuit against Android.
- OpenOffice.org has been accepted into the Apache incubator after a very high turnout for an ASF vote.
- Google+, sounds good, if you can get in
- You can now buy the new Commodore 64 from commodoreusa.com
- Libsyn.com - http://www.libsyn.com - for hosting and bandwidth
- Feedburner.com - http://www.feedburner.com - for feed redirect
- Kirsty Doherty, Amy Ehmann for Java Posse artwork
- Theme Music:
- Opening - "Java" the parody song Copyright 1997 Broken Records and Marjorie Music Publ. (BMI),
- written and performed by Loose Bruce Kerr of the Dr. Demento Show and Sun Microsystems attorney.
- Based on the WWI popular song, "Ja-da." Ukelele style on the recording taught to Bruce by his dad.
- Re-produced with kind permission from "Loose" Bruce Kerr - http://loosebrucekerr.libsyn.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAX0gJt-aZg
- Closing - Juan Carlos Jimenez - In the House (Intro No. 1)
- To contact us:
The Java Posse consists of Tor Norbye, Carl Quinn, Joe Nuxoll and Dick Wall