Episode 171 of The SitePoint Podcast is now available! This week the panel is made up of 3 of our 4 our regular hosts, Louis Simoneau (@rssaddict), Patrick O’Keefe (@ifroggy) and Kevin Dees (@kevindees).
Listen in Your Browser
Play this episode directly in your browser — just click the orange “play” button below:
Download this Episode
You can download this episode as a standalone MP3 file. Here’s the link:
- SitePoint Podcast #171: Don’t Trust The Users (MP3, 35:18, 33.9MB)
Subscribe to the Podcast
The panel discuss topics such as color pallets for websites, the sale of Digg, password security and more.
Here are the main topics covered in this episode:
- Betaworks to Buy Fallen Social Media Star Digg – WSJ.com and Digg Sold To LinkedIn AND The Washington Post And Betaworks | TechCrunch via Cashing Out: Week of July 8th – 14th 2012 in Online Marketing News | ReveNews
- Hackers post over 400,000 Yahoo! Voice passwords online | CSO with Secure Salted Password Hashing – How to do it Properly
- How to choose a colour scheme | Creative Bloq
Browse the full list of links referenced in the show at http://delicious.com/sitepointpodcast/171.
- Louis: Shell in the Arctic | Shell by The Yes Men
- Kevin: MVC is dead, it’s time to MOVE on.
- Patrick: The “GOODBYE I HATE YOU ALL” post generator
Transcript to follow.
Theme music by Mike Mella.
Thanks for listening! Feel free to let us know how we’re doing, or to continue the discussion, using the comments field below.