help! asp.net won't work!

asp.net United States
  • 18 years ago

ok, i can create a project, but then when i go to run it, i get a "cannot start debugging on server" message. then, when i close the project and open it again, i get a http sever error 500 message (address does not map to location or something like that). i am running iis on my local machine. i don't know why it won't work, and i tried everything in the help files. help!

• 18 years ago

heres another:

Unable to open Web Project /projectname/. The file path /localpath/ does not correspond to the path /localhostpath/. the two need to map to the same server location. HTTP Error 404: Object not found

• 18 years ago

did you publish your project in ISS?  I've gotten that error when I didn't have the project set up in ISS correctly.

• 18 years ago

im having trouble w/ asp, too...
    i have a form, with two buttons, two textboxes, and some text
    when i save it and close it, then open it in a web browser, the only thing that shows is the text. no buttons, no textboxes.
    i have it in the iis directory, and everything.
    so i guess my final question is: how do i distibute aspx pages?

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond