Visual problems on Windows XP

• 18 years ago

Hello everybody!

I developed a couple of programs which have been succesfuly tested on Windows 2000, 98 and ME, but when I upgraded to Windows XP it revealed to be doing something really weird with control's size. Some of them are bigger than they should be, while others remain, resulting in overlapping between labels and buttons, or checkbox over it's frame, ... Also, as I supported resizing of the form, it's totally mismatched under XP.

I insist in they did work perfectly under W98, W2000 & W_ME, with none of these faults.

It seems Windows XP uses a different scale for drawing some controls or something like that.

Thank you very much for yoru help
        Carlos Ivan Conde

• 18 years ago

Hi,

I had the same problem when XP first came out .. if you remove the 'XP Interface' /Display properties/Appearance/Classic Windows Style then everything is OK.

There is probably a much better solution than this but I dont know it. I simply add an instruction to set the above and let the user fix the prob.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.” - Tom Cargill