ASP VS PHP

asp , php United States
  • 18 years ago

When compare with PHP, what are the differences between them?

• 18 years ago

php is open source and free. works wonderfully with MySQL databases, is fast, reliable etc. you can modifiy it to suit your needs without breaking the law.

asp is very good as well though.

do what i did: learn both and then see which you prefer!

• 18 years ago

my rule: on any *nix system go with PHP on any Microsoft IIS server go with ASP!

• 18 years ago
  • 12 years ago
    If you know BASIC, learn ASP, then PHP. If you know C/C++, learn PHP, then ASP. But you should know them both if you'd like to call yourself a pro web devleoper i guess...
  • 12 years ago
    lol.... seriously.... if(thread.lastPost == more than 5 years ago) then (reply.DontBother(); ) ;)
  • 12 years ago
    sh :)) didn't see that, sorry, it just came up as related :)) first days on devfusion, my bad
  • 12 years ago
    heheh no worries, Welcome to DeveloperFusion kovshenin. You could always tell paulfp that his code is full of syntax errors... (and he can remind me how bad my grammar is!) so we all win in the end :) I wonder what willy ended up learning, he's probably at Ruby/Python by now.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks Thushan :)
  • 12 years ago
    hehe ahhh the good old days were great!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot” - Rich Julius