WCF Error -- Secure channel cannot be opened because security negotiation with the remote endpoint has failed.

ASP.Net , Csharp , WCF Irvine, United States
  • 10 years ago

Hi Everyone:

We have a WCF Remote service running on a separate server computer and we are using certificates. I am calling that service from my local computer. So the service is running on a remote server and I am calling it from my local client computer.

We get the following error:

"Secure channel cannot be opened because security negotiation with the remote endpoint has failed. This may be due to absent or incorrectly specified EndpointIdentity in the EndpointAddress used to create the channel. Please verify the EndpointIdentity specified or implied by the EndpointAddress correctly identifies the remote endpoint."

NOTE: On the remote server I used makecert to create 2 certificates: WCfServer and WcfClient. They are in the LocalMachine in the Personal My area and they are also in the TrustedPeople area if you do an MMC and show LocalMachine. This is on the server. I also exported them to my local client computer as well using MMC. Where should these certificates be? On the server only? On both server and local machine? Here is the config file on the remote server machine:

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.”