Problem in converting

Vb.net , csharp.net , sqlserver Pasir Gudang, Malaysia
  • 10 years ago

Hi,

I will explain my problem. I have to give one datetime format to system and i have to store that to database then i have to view the current datetime in that format. This i did, its working perfectly. Then i have to enter some user datetimes and i have to store that , it may in any format. But i have to view this only stored format. This is my requirement.

I got problem in converting, String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. This my error. i will give my coding below.. please help me to clear this one..

Public Shared DateFormat As String = String.Empty 'This page_load will convert the user date&time to System format and display in GridView

Public Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load, Me.Load
        Dim dsADM As DataSet = Nothing
        Dim Format As DataSet = Nothing
        If Not IsPostBack Then
            Format = (Common.GetAll("SELECT * FROM DateFormat WHERE FORMATID=(SELECT MAX(FORMATID) FROM DateFormat)"))
            If (Format IsNot Nothing AndAlso Format.Tables.Count > 0 AndAlso Format.Tables(0).Rows.Count > 0) Then
                DateFormat = Format.Tables(0).Rows(0)("DATEFORMAT").ToString()
            End If
            dsADM = Common.GetAll("SELECT DATEID,CURRENTDATE,CURRENTTIME,DESCRIPTION FROM CurrentDateTime WHERE STATUS='A'")
            GridView1.DataSource = dsADM
            GridView1.DataBind()
        End If

End Sub
    'This gridview rowdatabound will assign systems stored format to user date&time
    Protected Sub GridView1_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowDataBound

If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then
            e.Row.Cells(1).Text = DateTime.ParseExact(e.Row.Cells(1).Text.Trim(), DateFormat, System.Globalization.CultureInfo.CurrentCulture.DateTimeFormat)---This place i am getting that error...
            'e.Row.Cells(1).Text = DateTime.Parse(e.Row.Cells(1).Text, DateFormat)--i tried this, this also have error like-- cannot convert a string to integer using IFormatProvider 
            e.Row.Cells(2).Text = DateTime.Parse(e.Row.Cells(2).Text, DateFormat)
            e.Row.Cells(3).Text = DateTime.Parse(e.Row.Cells(3).Text, DateFormat)
        End If
    End Sub

Thank you I.A.Roy lawrence

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“An idiot with a computer is a faster, better idiot” - Rich Julius