Problem with Setup Project in Visual Studio 2010

visual studio 2010 , visualstudio , vs , visual-studio Oklahoma City, United States
  • 10 years ago

'm trying to create a Setup for my app using the Setup Project wizard in Visual Studio 2010. One of the files I added to the Setup Project is a database (.sdf) file that gets installed in the same folder as the main executable file. The problem is that when I try to run the app after I install it, I get an "Access to the database file is not allowed" error message. If I change the database file's permissions after installed, I can run the program successfully. But that should be done by the installation program. I also tried adding a manifest file to my app, and then rebuild and reinstalled. This way it worked but I had to accept an annoying security message box every time I run the application. So, is there any way to program the installer to copy the file with full permissions?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.”