how do i submit form data only when wifi established?

data collection , survey , form , laptop , mobile , time out , wifi Toronto, Canada
  • 10 years ago

Hi All,

The problem I'm having is that when our employees are conducting surveys "on the go", with a laptop, they are getting "timed-out" when they are in locations that have poor internet access, or fluctuating signal strength.

The bad part of this is when the page that was "timed-out" is not retrievable via refresh or back buttons, the survey is lost.

[The data is still captured up until the time-out, but employees are not able to start a new survey and get back to the page that last crashed to continue (and then have a programmer merge the two surveys together)].

I am looking to create a survey that does this:

Store the "form data" on the laptop, and then have the data submitted separately.

For example, an employee will be able to complete the whole survey on the laptop with no signal strength, and then as some signal strength comes in, some data gets submitted, and so on and so forth. This way we won't lose any surveys.

Haha this sounds like a case study from a textbook but its a real life problem. What do I do?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”