Dropdown List details not expanding fully in IE 8

VS 2008 , .NET , csharp Tampa, United States
  • 9 years ago

I've got a C# web application that used the DataGridViewer control and templated dropdown lists. When I run it in IE9 and Chrome, the dropdown list details expand when clicked on so the entire description can be seen. For IE8 (and presumably earlier), the dropdown list is truncated to the original size of the control.

I really don't want to let it size to the longest value in the list, because the user would have to use the horizontal scrollbar to access all the fields in the grid. Is there a way to dynamically change the dropdown list control width given that I'm using a databound grid with a fixed width initially?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Memory is like an orgasm. It's a lot better if you don't have to fake it.” - Seymour Cray