HTML5 Platform Choice

html5 , unity , game developer , platform , game engine , facebook integration Lisbon, Portugal
  • 9 years ago

Good afternoon all,

I have just joined this forum because I am lost at the moment and I would like to receive some guidance from people with far more expertise than me. I am a portuguese MSc student currently developing the prototype for my final thesis, and I have 7 months and a grant of 5.000 euros to develop a 3D Monopoly to integrate several existing mini games (or external apps) in Facebook. The idea is to build an isometric monopoly board where each tile has a mini game developed by third-party companies but with an underlying ecological subject. I have a team composed by two multimedia teachers, a psychologist, a designer and eventually a Unity game developer. And it's exactly here that I would like to hear what you have to say. Being experienced developers what do you recommend as a game engine/platform for a game of this kind? I love Unity engine, but I lack the experience and I don't know if 6 months is enough to acquire enough knowledge about the platform. I would also prefer to do this game in html5, but I can't find any good platform with enough documentation at an affordable price (preferably free) that would fit my needs. In terms of animations I would only need a rotating camera, 3dimensional board game and some basic effects like pop up menus, moving tiles, and a cool dice to enhance playability. As I said before the language of choice should be html5 since one of the main goals of this project is to hook third-party games that would benefit from an integration in a larger application. Please let me know what you think. Thanks in advance! Kind regards from Portugal!

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Better train people and risk they leave – than do nothing and risk they stay.” - Anonymous