Web appliations and godaddy webhosting account

web hosting , visual studio , web applications Chichicastenango, Guatemala
  • 9 years ago

I wonder if anyone here can help me out. I got Visual Studio 2010. I am a little bit new to the environment. I learning how to develop web applications using visual studio 2010.

I got he book Web application development with .net framework 4 and I am doing the tutorials. I want to test my websites in my web hosting account at godaddy.

I created a very simple website using visual studio using the empty website template and added a default.aspx file.

I created a directory on my webhosting account and uploaded all the files after I published them in the visual studio IDE.

Here is the directory I created, when someone goes there the default.aspx page should display, but instead I get an error. http://www.newporttimesharesrus.com/webapps/website1 The error I get is the following: Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

I called godaddy and they told me to change the web.config file to display errors, I did that and uploaded the website to another directory to test it, I still do not get the default.aspx file to display, but I get the error below. http://www.newporttimesharesrus.com/webapps/website3 Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'AppWebvzub1mf2'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="false" inherits="Default, AppWeb_vzub1mf2" %> Line 2:
    Line 3:

Source File: /webapps/website3/default.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Thank you very much

Call me or email me with any questions.

Jorge Muralles 401-314-6109 [email protected]

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”