jscript and javascript

css , java United States
  • 17 years ago

hi all, i'm looking for where i can find documentation on "i dunno what to call them" but things like

Quote:

window.alert  

something like this. i want to get the methods supported by all such objects (window, document) etc. i'm stuck, all i find is things like "math object" "date object" etc...

can any1 help me?

• 17 years ago

here's a good start point

MSDN - DHTML

• 17 years ago

Hey man...

i promise you.. google has everything you need to know. just go there and search for 'javascript tutorials' and one word associated with it like for instance 'javascript tutorial window.alert'

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=javascript+tutorial+window.alert&btnG=Google+Search

that is the page from google, have fun!!!

• 17 years ago

nice for the google, but you gotta admit the msdn is more like it, since i'm not lookin for a tutorial, just a reference!!!

thanks all.

• 17 years ago

For a JavaScript reference manual try:

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/communicator/jsref/index.htm

I use it quite a lot.

zing

• 17 years ago

when i got to msdn, i saw a striking similarity with the vs.net documentation, i found out i already have the msdn one (with vs.net) so, i'm ok for ie, the netscape one is also nice since i was thinking i would just use testing to find out what did and didn't work with netscape.

thanks.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why.”