Outlook 11 and Developerfusion...

• 17 years ago

heres an easier way to manage your DF posts in outlook 11:

to save bandwith click here

EDIT: didnt make it load the image here directly, saving bandwith...

• 17 years ago

Hey! I just noticed one thing... can I use OutLook to download the posted messages in dF and to post back?
    How?
    (I´m using OL5/WinME)

DrNo.

• 17 years ago

Quote:
    [1]Posted by DrNo on 2 Jun 2003 12:54 AM[/1]
    Hey! I just noticed one thing... can I use OutLook to download the posted messages in dF and to post back?
    How?

what do you mean? allow you to replyto the email which will post the post on these forums?

nope dont think this is supported but it could be a great idea if we could, SharePoint service integration could be the start...

• 17 years ago

I was thinking something like a 'news service'. Like... instead of loading the dF page and entering the forums to see the replyies you got and type your posts 'in-situ' at the page, you could do it with in outlook. That would rock. dont you think?

DrNo.

Ps:This is almost a chat...hehe

• 17 years ago

yeah it would rock... james is redesigning these forums soon so maybe i'll poke him about it tonight..

• 17 years ago

well... Thushan has prodded me, but unfortunately such a system would need some software running on the mail server - and at the moment, as Developer Fusion doesn't run on a dedicated server, that's not gonna be a possibility....... sorry!

• 17 years ago

Is there any way to do that in Outlook 2000?
    Can I like make an Add-In to do it? Looks great, be sooo much easier. At the moment if when I get around 30 I select one of each post open it and open the link. But this is really tedious since i'm posting more than ever and for example, in the last week i've had over 200 notifications.
    Maybe you could limit them to one, when a person replies to your post and not send anymore until you reply and then someone else replies. I could swear it used to be like that, you'd get one and none more until you replied.

• 17 years ago

nah... that's what I was supposed to implement and never got round to it. I'll try and get it to do that asap, but I've got exams in 2 weeks so it may have to wait till after that....

• 17 years ago

I've got exams now so it doesn't matter much for me (well it shouldn't )
    Thanks

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint Exupéry