Data Report: Orientation

• 11 years ago

I want to adjust my data report to be landscape type of Orientation. But the problem is most code that i found is as below:

With myRpt
         .Orientation = rptOrientLandscape

End With

However, when i tried it, it keep coming out the same error message variable not defined and pointed to --> rptOrientLandscape.

Can someone help me? Thanks

• 11 years ago

Printer is the object defined for printing in VB, as I recall (may be switched.)

Printer.Orientation = 1

Printer.Orientation = 2

I don't understand the code where myRpt is hidden and refreshed (why to refresh something hidden?).

• 11 years ago

I will try it later. The code that I <quote> is not something that i come out with. I found it in moth sites that i looked into, i also do not understand.

• 11 years ago

You need to dowload servece pack to work that code

There was a bug in the DataReports that does not aloow you to make it landscape

Microsoft fixed it in VisualBasic serveice pack download service pack from microsoft  it is free

• 11 years ago

Here is something that could help. use Pagset.dll, it can be downloaded in Microsoft Downloads.

It's the only solution iv'e ever known. We have the same problem since I develop customize systems.

Just try and have fun...

• 11 years ago

thank you for the suggest, I've the same problem (I can't use 'rptOrientLandScape' because the vb compiler tell me "variable undefined").  I would like to know which service pack I have to download, I'm just downloading 5.0, I don't find service pack 6.0 in my language(italian), I hope so my code working, I'm reading the bug fixes with sp 6 but no one can be useful for my problem.
    Thanks, Vale

• 10 years ago

how to design data report with landscape orientation in VB6

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debuggers don't remove bugs. They only show them in slow motion.”