Data Report: Orientation

• 10 years ago

Hi,

I want to adjust my data report to be landscape type of Orientation. But the problem is most code that i found is as below:

Quote:
    With myRpt

.Hide
         .Orientation = rptOrientLandscape
         .refresh
         .show

End With

However, when i tried it, it keep coming out the same error message variable not defined and pointed to --> rptOrientLandscape.

Can someone help me? Thanks

• 10 years ago

Printer is the object defined for printing in VB, as I recall (may be switched.)

Portrait
    Printer.Orientation = 1

Lanscape
    Printer.Orientation = 2

I don't understand the code where myRpt is hidden and refreshed (why to refresh something hidden?).

• 10 years ago

Hi,

I will try it later. The code that I <quote> is not something that i come out with. I found it in moth sites that i looked into, i also do not understand.

• 10 years ago

You need to dowload servece pack to work that code

There was a bug in the DataReports that does not aloow you to make it landscape

Microsoft fixed it in VisualBasic serveice pack download service pack from microsoft  it is free

• 10 years ago
    Hi!

Here is something that could help. use Pagset.dll, it can be downloaded in Microsoft Downloads.

It's the only solution iv'e ever known. We have the same problem since I develop customize systems.

Just try and have fun...

• 10 years ago

Hi,
    thank you for the suggest, I've the same problem (I can't use 'rptOrientLandScape' because the vb compiler tell me "variable undefined").  I would like to know which service pack I have to download, I'm just downloading 5.0, I don't find service pack 6.0 in my language(italian), I hope so my code working, I'm reading the bug fixes with sp 6 but no one can be useful for my problem.
    Thanks, Vale

• 9 years ago

how to design data report with landscape orientation in VB6

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra