Help! - Can't find file DAO350.DLL

• 16 years ago

hello,

today i tried to start up my VB and got the message "Can't find file DAO350.DLL" ...please advice me on how to solve this problem.  Thanks very much.

• 16 years ago
    I had the exact same problem today....
    Four days ago everything was ok, but today when I tried to start VB I got the same error-message.
    Solution: Copy the file DAO350.DLL from a friend, register it (regsvr32) and it will work again.
    I have a swedish version and then the dll-file usually is found in "c:\Program\Delade filer\Microsoft Shared\DAO\.."

What happened to the file, who deleted it?
    I can only remember two things that I have done between the two points when it worked and when it did not work:
    * Windows update
    * Uninstall Nokia OC-suit and installation of a newer version of Nokia PC-suit
    One of these things must have ruined the DAO350.DLL

I hope this will help you.
  • 16 years ago
    You might try changing the reference from DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.6, which is DAO360.dll

That way you won't need to reregister DAO350.dll.
  • 16 years ago
    MDAC stands for Microsoft Data Access Components; DAO (Data Access Objects) is part of MDAC.  You can download MDAC from here.
  • 16 years ago
    Quote:
    [1]Posted by webjose on 28 Feb 2005 07:15 PM[/1]
    MDAC stands for Microsoft Data Access Components; DAO (Data Access Objects) is part of MDAC.  You can download MDAC from here.

Downloading this is a good idea regardless of what you end up doing.  And to take it a step further, you may want to start using ADO (Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects), included in MDAC.  I think the current version is 2.8.
  • 16 years ago

I have personaly answered 2 or 3 different threads on this very same question, search before you post

• 15 years ago
    hello,

today i tried to start up my VB and got the message "Can't find file DAO350.DLL" ...please advice me on how to solve this problem.sorry but I need solution as soon as possible  Thanks very much.
  • 15 years ago

download new DAO 2.8 from microsft.com, and install it again.

• 15 years ago

I have a same problem but the interesting part is I do have the dll's in c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\dao

Why am I still getting the error?

Can somebody help?

• 15 years ago

try searching the system or system32 in the windows directory for the dll, it may be there.

• 15 years ago

But I have the DLL's in the said folder. Why am I still getting the same error?

• 15 years ago

register them using regsvr32.exe

• 10 years ago

Copy and paste the dao350.dll in the microsoft visual studio located in your program files.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98

it should work after..

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker