WMA Tags

• 9 years ago

Does anyone out there know of some sample code that reads .wma tags?  Or at least know how the file is formatted?  I opened a wma track up in wordpad and searched for the artist of it but no match was found... neither were any of the other tag values (the tags are there though) so i dont even know where in the file to look or how they're encoded.

I wrote an app that renames music files based on the rules you give it (in the form of a string).  So you can rename ur music files using some or all of their tag values.  I got this working for mp3 v1 tags but i havent found any documentation on the wma tags (which i would like to support since most ppl's music is in this format).

• 9 years ago

I've found an article on msdn about this after much searching.  If anyone is interested (lets you read wma tags),
    Here is the link:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dncodefun/html/code4fun01242003.asp

When you download the source code, look at the second test project, the first one is weird xml 'obsolete' way.

• 9 years ago

cheers for that, after your post i looked for ages but came up with diddly squat! so merci becoup,

Its uses the process???!!? never knew it could be used that way

• 9 years ago

Ya, at first I had no clue how to use it... It took alot of trial and error...  I would think that the WMA standard would be more openly published/talked about, but i guess not.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are only two kinds of languages: the ones people complain about and the ones nobody uses” - Bjarne Stroustrup