failed getting rowset(s) from current data source

vb6 Italy
  • 9 years ago

Hi all,
    I'm having the error "failed getting rowset(s) from current data source" and I don't understand why... I saw someone had the same issue but nobody wrote how they fixed it.

Here a brief summary of the functions implemented:
    - I created a temporary MDB that I populate run-time
    - I created a DataEnvironment
    - I created a DataReport, it is linked to a table of the DataEnvironment. It has a "group by" function.
    - I compiled the project

The first time I execute the code, the report appears with the right datas, starting by the second time I have the "failed getting rowset(s) from current data source" error.

Someone can help me, please?

Thanks in advice,
    Maurizio

• 9 years ago

even I got the same error when the data report properties Data source and Data member are not properly set.

But u get this error second time when u run.Are you using parameterized Sql
    query in data environment?

• 9 years ago

Why don't you try using a simpler connection method? Create an object variable of ADODB, and try going in from that. You can try using Jet at the start to keep it simple, then you can proceed to other stuff.

Code:

Const adoCon = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Jet OLEDB: Database Password=q123w321xyz; Data Source=<yourfilepath>"

Set adoNewsCon4 = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
       adoNewsCon4.Open adoCon

Set rs = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
       rs.CursorType = 2
       rs.LockType = 3
       'CursorType and LockType depends on your use. If you do not want to be able to write to the database, then skip the last two lines.
       Dim SQL As String
       SQL = "SELECT Config.MediaIP FROM Config"

rs.Open SQL, adoNewsCon4

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it.” - Donald Knuth