Problem on Customer Display or POLE DISPLAY

• 9 years ago

This is my first time to visit this Website. I hope I am posting my question in the right forum and to help me with problem with my project because im totally STUCK IN HERE with this project.

My project is about POS in the supermarket. Im using visual basic 6.0 and use SQL Server as back-end With windows 2000 platform.

my problem is about customer display or they called it POLE DISPLAY.

I am using the MSCOMM Active X control to write a code in Visual Basic for Displaying the item and the item price at the customer display but no result was done to the customer display. I have already got the right syntax for this purpose but no action was made to this event. Can somebody help me with this one or give me a sample program to work with this.

Heres my sample code with this but failed to work

Private Sub Timer6_Timer()    "BUT THIS CODE WONT WORK TO DISPLAY "
       If MSComm2.PortOpen = False Then ' If comm port is not open
          MSComm2.PortOpen = True ' Open it

MSComm2.Output = Chr(12)
          MSComm2.Output = Chr(27) + Chr(81) + Chr(68) + "ROSE PHARMACY...YOUR ASSURANCE OF
                                         GENUINE DRUGS." + Chr(13)                              
       end if
    End sub " NEVER DISPLAY ON CUSTOMER DISPLAY"

"encountered error is mscomm2.output = property is write only

Private Sub Timer6_Timer()    "THIS CODE ALSO WONT WORK TO DISPLAY "
       If MSComm2.PortOpen = False Then ' If comm port is not open
          MSComm2.PortOpen = True ' Open it

MSComm2.Output = Chr$(&H12)
          MSComm2.Output = Chr$(&H27) + Chr$(&H81) + Chr$(&H68) + "ROSE PHARMACY...YOUR ASSURANCE OF
                                         GENUINE DRUGS." + Chr$(&H13)                              
       end if
    End sub " NEVER DISPLAY ON CUSTOMER DISPLAY"

"encountered error is mscomm2.output = property is write only

Hope that Somebody can help me with my problem.... Thanks

Thanks in advance and may God bless you abundantly for setting aside your time to assist me.

Mhel Manuel

• 9 years ago

Try this...

Code:

Dim Message As Variant

'your code...

Message = Chr(27) & Chr(81) & Chr(68) & "ROSE PHARMACY...YOUR ASSURANCE OF..."
    MSComm2.Output = Message

'your code...

please note that the Message var type MUST be Variant... it it still dosen't work try to pass it as byte array

• 9 years ago
    Hi

This is my first visit.

1. I am looking for coding on VB6 to display amount on a POS Display Pole for the following.
       For every item line by line from MX Flexgrid
       Total Amount
       and Balance

2. Wish to have coding for printing from MS Flexgrid line by line

Thanks
  • 9 years ago

Try this out, this code is working for me, if you are using IBM POS terminal use CHR(12) insted of CHR(31) to clear the pole display screen

Str1 = "Text to Diaplay"
       MSComm1.CommPort = "Com1"
       MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
       MSComm1.PortOpen = True
       MSComm1.Output = Chr(31)
       MSComm1.Output = Str1
       MSComm1.PortOpen = False

• 4 years ago

Hi, can someone give me vb.net code that make my text message in pole/customer display scroll from right to left?

here is my code to write message in pole display

serialport1.portname = "COM1"
    serialport1.open
    serialport1.write("WELCOME TO OUR STORE")

i dont know how to make it scroll from right to left.. please help

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“My definition of an expert in any field is a person who knows enough about what's really going on to be scared.” - P. J. Plauger