update problem

• 15 years ago

I'm having a problem getting the .update method in vb.net to work. I'm using MySQL as the database and have got a data bound datagrid bound via a dataset, data adapter and connection. I can  view no problem but any updates, deletes or inserts are just ignored. When I use the dAdapter wizard to create the SQL texts it does come up with an error saying it could not create the update or delete command strings so I have made my own. Nothing happens..! Very frustrating. Also the datagrid keeps picking up a redundant column in the table I'm accessing - I changed the name a while ago and despite deleting the dataset it still finds the old name and has an extra column. Ideas???

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint Exupéry