Need help PABX Programming Music on hold

vb6 Austria
  • 15 years ago

Hello Guys,
    I am dealing with same problem. My PABX is of Panasonic(KA TD 1232).
    My project is to play a music from computer when the operator has pressed the
    transffer button to transffer the received line to an extension. So, what
    I need the signal exactly when the transffer button was pressed to trigger a
    music system (developed in VB). Can you please give me the idea how to get that signal.
    I have tried with MSComm. But the problem is, The PABX issues signal or data all together
    when the phone is hangup. not when the button was pressed. So, now the challege is either
    configure the pabx to send data real time basis or some how to send any request signal
    so that the pabx send signal now. and then analyse the data to track whether transffer button was pressed.
    I hope I could make the problem clear. Still, if you dont understand the problem, plz ask me.
    Thanks in advance.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Anyone who considers arithmetic methods of producing random digits is, of course, in a state of sin.” - John von Neumann