Web browser 2.0....

.net , csharp Kuwait
  • 11 years ago

Hi everyone

I am using the web browser control in c# 2.0 and am having a little trouble!

I can easily suppress the javascript errors dialog box (using the appropriate property) but I cannot seem to programmatically determine if there have been any javascript errors.  There must surely be a way to:

a) Determine if there have been any JS errors after a document has loaded

b) Traverse the error messages (with line numbers, etc...)

Does anyone know how to get at this??

Thanks

Gee

• 11 years ago

As this would be the active x control rather than the .NET 2.0 Framework, have you had a look at the navigateerror event?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/browser/webbrowser/reference/events/navigateerror.asp

• 11 years ago

I have just moved to .net 2.0 and have tried to steer away from wrapping the ActiveX browser component (as it generates HUGE assemblies!) - isn't there a way to get at this event using the flufiness of the framework?

Thanks

Gee

• 11 years ago

I thought about the reply above and tried to see if there was a way to dig into the underlying ActiveX without generating the huge wrappers and basically doing away with the fluffy framework implementation.

It turns out you can, all you need is a sink...!

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.webbrowser.createsink.aspx

This example is so relevant, it could have been written specially for me!  This example shows how to subclass the webbrowser object and attach a sink in order to tack an event handler for the NavigateError event to the underlying ActiveX.  And breathe....!

This just begs the question, why the hell did M$ not include this in the first place to save the agro of "plumbing"??!!

Gee

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out how to use my telephone” - Bjarne Stroustrup