cannot open console management

asp.net Indonesia
  • 15 years ago

hi.. alll
    i have problem with my console management (iis snap-in).
    i used iis 5.1.
    i can't open my console management. if i open it, the pop up with error always displays.
    the error:
    Microsoft Management Console

MMC cannot open the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc
    This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may alse be because you do not have sufficient access rights to the file.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to reinstall my IIS, but the error still displays and IIS snap-in still not appears.
    I loggin as administrator (I use XP 2002 Version Service Pack 2)
    any body can help me?

regards
    ryuki

• 15 years ago

Is IISAdmin definitely running as a service? Apparently it needs to be running before you can open that MMC file. You might also want to check your event logs to see if that gives a clue. Exclamation [:)]

• 15 years ago

yes, it's running as service. my web application run normally.
    but when i want to manage my other web application that not used anymore, i can't do it because of this problem.
    any suggestion??

• 11 years ago

Hi Ryuki,

Did you ever get an answer to this issue. Today I suddenly got the same exact problem that you have. It is not only with IIS manager but also My computer >manage , components service in IIS and computer management is also not getting open... and throwing the same error with their associated files.

Looking ahead you support Thanks, Nitin

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Measuring programming progress by lines of code is like measuring aircraft building progress by weight.” - Bill Gates