How to add photo of me

• 15 years ago

I noticed that a few people have a photo of themselves that displays with the post. How do I add my picture. Couldn't see it under edit my profile. (Don't worry, I'm not too ugly. Not that I have anything against ugly people, Um I mean Beauty challenged people. Wink [;)] )

Is it only administrators that can add their photo?

• 15 years ago

Hi Nova
    I too was wondering about the same. But what i found out that only administrators are showing their pics so I guess this facility is only for them.Sad [:(]

You know I am also quite goodlooking and want u people to see me.(Don't take it other way I am straight Devil [6])

• 15 years ago

hehehe,
    I don't know. but can i help me for remove camel photo from my profile. Big Smile [:D]

• 15 years ago

Hi guys,

Basically at the moment the feature is still in testing - I think it's proving hard to actually include it in the "Edit my profile" page, and so it has to be done manually at the moment.

Hopefully the feature will be functional in the not-too-distant future...

• 15 years ago

James is going travelling in a few days (lucky thing! Stick out tongue [:P]) so we're not sure when this will be encorporated into the main members' area....

... in the mean time, if you want a picture cheques can be made payable to Paul Freeman-Powell Wink [;)]Wink [;)] (only joking Stick out tongue [:P])

• 15 years ago

Thanks Paul, You should use the picture you have at http://www.caeus.com/holdingpage.php

I should probably start a new thread, But what Contentent Mangement System do you recommend?

Have you ever used Joomla? I want to create a website for my new computer sales and repair business. Or do you think using a CMS might be overkill.

• 14 years ago

Whether or not using a CMS depends on what you want to do with your website, what development skills you have, and the timeframe for deployment.

CMSs are normally pretty quick to deploy and configure, and are also easy to maintain afterwards. I personally have looked at Joomla once or twice, but preferred PHPNuke to Joomla. A brief list of CMSs that run on PHP/MySQL systems is below:

• Drupal
    • Geeklog
    • Joomla
    • Mambo Open Source
    • PHP-Nuke
    • phpWCMS
    • phpWebSite
    • Post-Nuke
    • Siteframe
    • TYPO3
    • Xoops
    I think I've tried all of them at some point, and personally I prefer PHPNuke, because there are lots of themes and customisations available, and I found it easier and more intuitive to use than some of the others.

What do you want to do with your website? If you are wanting to create a mainly static site, with content that doesn't change much, and not much content overall, a CMS may well be overkill.  If you wanted to have order or repair tracking, or something else like that, it could become a bit of a problem integrating that into the CMS, and could end up being more work than just creating your own site (with a basic CMS customised to your needs?)

Another project to check out is Smarty for PHP - www.smarty.net I think is the URL

Hope any of that helps...

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“C++ : Where friends have access to your private members.” - Gavin Russell Baker