Howto webservices and authentication

vb6 , web services Netherlands
  • 14 years ago

Dear members,

I`m programming a client webservices function to get information from a ssl secured webservice. The webservice is also protected by a certificate that you need to add to your request.

My question is how do I add a certificate that i`ve installed on my computer (windows) to the request so that I can authenticate myself??

I`ve searched all the internet for 2 days and looked at Microsofts msdn but can`t find anything usefull... can anyone help me?

The function needs to be programmed as a module in Microsoft Acces, i`ve installed "Microsoft Office 2003 Web Services toolkit" but can`t find any documentation how to use this...

Has anyone experience with these things?? please help me or post some links....

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I’ll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.” - Jamie Zawinski