Help creating a dll or other alternative to processing data sent to my IIS server.

• 14 years ago

Project:

I am creating an Access Database Application. When the user registers it, the application will open a socket and send data to my server.

Problem:

I need to know how to process this data on the server. I do not know if I need to use a DLL or some other alternative.

Thank you for the help in advance.

• 14 years ago

Hi,

I hope this helps,

If were you want to send the data is to a database in your server you can go to the menu bar in Access and click on “File/Get External Data/Link Table”, a link dialog will appears and there in the “Types of Files”, select “ODBC Databases” and there you can create a link to one of the tables in the database of your server in your Access Application and manage the data from the there.

Good luck.

• 14 years ago

I never thought of that, that would work in most cases. I give you props on that. There is another issue. The hosting company of my site does not allow external connection to their internal datasets. So it still stands that I need write a DLL and I need to know where to start.

Thanks again lexian

• 14 years ago
    Hi, 

Other way of sending data to a server 
    is using the method's GET or POST in a html form. 

In Microsoft Access most of the code is in VB6, 
    here is a link that shows how to do the method=POST 
    in VB6 i don't know if works with Access but here you get the idea.

method=post VB6 example.

• 14 years ago

Depending on what you get from your hosting company, you can also use an xml webservice, they are quite usefull and easy to use from .net, you wouldn't have to bother with any http requests yourself.

• 14 years ago

Hi,

Yeah Mistuke but he is not programing in .NET he is developing a Access Application.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of whether submarines can swim.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra