Configuring Component Services Programatically

csharp Brazil
  • 14 years ago

Hi Folks,

I need to set a Property in Component Services -> My Computer -> COM Security tab

to add some User/Groups to use COM components remotely.

Is quite easy to do it manually but I need to make a script and automate this. 

I have tried hard studying COMAdmin library and wmi services but I found no clue yet.

Do someone have any idea?

Thanks

• 14 years ago

Hi Diaspar

How about this?

Regards
    DoctorMahdi

• 14 years ago

For configuring also click here

• 14 years ago

Thanks for your reply man, but the way you showd configure just one component and is not the option I am talking about.

If you want to see wich option is it you need to go to Administrative tools, Component Services, Computers, My Computer and then Right Click there!

Check the security tab, this option concerns all components running on the server and is not one-by-one.

Thanks anyways.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“There are 10 types of people in the world, those who can read binary, and those who can't.”