create connetion with sql server

• 11 years ago

Hi. plz i need help how to create new connection with sql server from vb.net application.

• 11 years ago

Hi

Dim ConnectionString As String="Server=ServerName;Uid=;pwd=;Data Source=DBName"
    Dim Connection As new SqlClient.SqlConnection
    Connection = New SqlClient.SqlConnection(ConnectionString)
    Connection.Open()

Regards Raja.V

• 11 years ago

Dim ConnectionString As String="Server=ServerName;Uid=;pwd=;Data Source=DBName;initial catalog=DB Name Initial loaded"
    Dim Connection As new SqlClient.SqlConnection
    Connection = New SqlClient.SqlConnection(ConnectionString)
    Connection.Open()

Do what u want to do

Connection.Close()

• 11 years ago

Hi I Got the same problem,  you can put this coding

Dim connStr As String = "Server=localhost\SQLEXPRESS; Database=DatabaseName;" + " Integrated Security = SSPI"

Thanks

• 11 years ago

Hi,

In the Server put the name of the machine that you got SQL installed. Example: Server=MyPC\SQLEXPRESS;. Remove the localhost.

And in the Database you have to put the database name: Example: Database=MyDB;. I doubt that your database name is "DatabaseName".

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“If debugging is the process of removing software bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” - Edsger Dijkstra