New to PHP

• 14 years ago

Was fixing to instal php but was prompted to enter smtp server - I'm with comast so would I put smtp.comcast.net.? Also, it asks for the 'from address for the mail function. Do I just use my email address?

Using Windows w/iis. What is the easiest way to go about this?  thanks

John

• 14 years ago

XP or Vista? IIS 6 or 7?

Are you using your machine just a a dev machine to write the code, and then uploading it to a server elsewhere to actually run etc.? [I'm presuming yes, as you're using the Windows installer rather than doing it the more complicated way Stick out tongue [:P]]

If so, you don't need to enter anything for the smtp server, unless you actually need to use the mail function on your PC.....

• 14 years ago

Using XP and IIS 6

Wanting to use my own machine.

RE: Uploading to a server. Can I just do that with IIS?

Also, seem to have come across another problem. Had created another virtual directory and placed wanted to try it out the browser. I get a promp for the user name and pass word but to no avail. i enter my user name and it includes the computer name along with it It then display that I dont have permission to view with the error being the IIS

What am I doing wrong here? If not using the correct username and password - where to I navigate to find these two?

Thanks

John

• 14 years ago

Found a download that someone had suggested by doing a search for ibserver. Was up and running in a matter of a couple minutes.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler