How to update data using text boxes

• 13 years ago

Hi,

I am trying to update data using text boxes. I have seen many articles which explain how to update the data for datagrid etc. But I could not find any article which explains as to how to update data using text boxes. Basically i have a datagrid with a hyperlink column named "Details". When you click on it, a temp window is open with all the details of the row in textboxes, I am able to display the data in textboxes but i am unable to update them. Can anyone tell me as to how i should write a code to update the data? 

I am primarily working with two classes UserInfo() and UserInfoUtility().

The UserInfo() is the class object that stores the data representation of the users table in the database.

The UserInfoUtility() provides database access to this table, and provides methods such as

public static void UpdateUser(UserInfo ui, bool usingActive) etc,

Thanks

Zaid Papa

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Computer science education cannot make anybody an expert programmer any more than studying brushes and pigment can make somebody an expert painter” - Eric Raymond