HTML To PDF Converter library for C#

.net , csharp Romania
  • 13 years ago

Hi,

I need a library that can convert web pages to pdf. I need your opinion on the following library:

http://www.html-to-pdf.net

Thanks.

• 13 years ago
    http://www.websupergoo.com/ is also worth a look.
  • 13 years ago

The HTML to PDF Converter for .NET from Winnovative Software Software or from Donet-Reporting.Com is a another option. It fully supports HTML and CSS.

Regards,

Florin

• 13 years ago
    I disagree.  The Winnovative .NET library seems very impressive from the demo; however, it's literally just a raw dump of code and DLL files that contain billions of errors.  There is no documentation provided with it that explains how to implement it or troubleshoot the numerous bugs and errors, and they don't seem to respond to support emails either.  I've been trying for days to get it to work but to no avail.  All of the code samples they provide don't seem designed to actually work out-of-the-box.  If you want something that actually works without the need to completely re-write it, then I'd suggest you NOT waste your time with the Winnovative package.

By the way, I think that last post is probably spam.  Both the URL's the individual posted go to the exact same website.  I think it's just search engine food, so admins may wish to delete it.

I'm currently trying to find something that can be called from PHP (I don't care if it's in .NET or even if it's just a command-line program) that can convert HTML to an image or to PDF.  So far the only thing I've found that's not commercial and that works at all is dompdf, but the quality of its rendering is extremely poor.

I'll let you know if I have any luck finding something.  I hope you'll do the same.  =)

--Kris

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Never trust a programmer in a suit.” - Anonymous