accessing disk drive which is not shared.

networking Nepal
  • 13 years ago

HI,

I want to access my computer's disk drive(which is not shared) from another computer in the network.We have installed windows XP professional in every system in the network. We have created workgroup and there is no domain server in the network.

But, when i run \\mycompname\c$, it asks for password! and there username textbox is disabled with text on it \\mycompname\guest.

How can i supply my login information to access the unshared drive in my computer from other computer.

regards

• 13 years ago
    The user either has to be given the right permissions to access that machine or you would need to have an ftp server on that machine and know its IP address to access the system.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler