Inserting Problem: Error -Operation must use an updateable query........

asp.net Ethiopia
  • 13 years ago

I am getting the message when i try to insert data into an access table.

I used dreamwaver MX to build the inserting aspx page.

System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextErrorHandling(Int32 hr)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandTextForSingleResult(tagDBPARAMS dbParams, Object& executeResult)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommandText(Object& executeResult)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteCommand(CommandBehavior behavior, Object& executeResult)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
    at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

What could be the solution?

• 13 years ago

Post your SQL Statement.

-Postmaster

http://www.programmingknowledge.com/

• 13 years ago
    CommandText='<%# "INSERT INTO ADD (ADDRESS, CITY, CODE, FAX, LOCATION_NAME, REGION_ID, TELEPHONE) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)" %>'
    ConnectionString='<%# System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Connection"] %>'
    DatabaseType='<%# System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Connection"] %>'
    Expression='<%# Request.Form["MM_insert"] == "Detail" %>'
    CreateDataSet="false"

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Perl - The only language that looks the same before and after RSA encryption.” - Keith Bostic