ANGEL library for BBS doors

delphi United States
  • 13 years ago
    I know this is ancient technology but 10's of thousands still board.
    I'm trying to work with the ANGEL doorkit for TurboPascal but there are versions for Delphi so came here.  ANGEL supplies new screen write commands that allow for printing onto a bbs terminal screen in ANSI graphics.  The problem is I think you have to use only angel screenwrite's for the BBS to see the program's output.  The screenwrite provided will not display an integer variable nested in a line of output text.  For example I'm writing an RPG and I cannot get the stat screen to say Health: 10.  I get an error concerning the wrong data type.
    btw I can't get ints to string functions to work either and I've followed guides in several sites on the web.

Anyone know about this?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debugging is anticipated with distaste, performed with reluctance, and bragged about forever.” - Dan Kaminsky