Video Screenshot Upload Help

db , php United States
  • 13 years ago
    Hi everyone,

I am trying how to find out how to make a screenshot of the first frame of the video while uploading it. I can perfectly upload a wmv video and it plays as wmv, but is there a way while I am uploading it, it takes the first frame of the video and makes it as the default picture? Is this possible through PHP or Javascript?  I also do not want to use , and can not use, FFMPEG. Thanks Please help.

ALSO! if you could help me out with this too:

I need some help on this flash script. I am trying to let users upload their regular videos, and it automatically converts to flash and plays in a flash video player like youtube. Unforunately, my host cannot let me host ffmpeg, so how can I achieve this action without the use of FFMPEG? Also I do not want to do this manually like converting it myself and uploading it.

My friend said this in a conversation:

Fluffpuffcereal:

Is there an alternative than of FFMPEG?

Anymynous says:

php will just upload the video in the format it is in the database
    Anymynous says:

then the flash coder, will do a script to take the video selected by the php, and play it through its flash player

Can you guys help me out with this?

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute.”