Problem with infragistics ultratree contextmenu

• 13 years ago

Hi,

I am using an infragistics UltraTree control in Windows Application.

I added context menu to it. When I right clicked on any node, I want to get the node at that point to displya the relevent information of that node. So I wrote the below code for that

Private Sub tvXML_MouseUp(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles tvXML.MouseUp

Dim newTreeNode As UltraTreeNode

newTreeNode = tvXML.GetChildAtPoint(

New Point(e.X, e.Y))

DisplayInfo(newTreeNode)

End Sub

But, GetChildAtPoint() function always returns Nothing. so, I get nothing displayed.

Please let me know if the way I am doing is correct.

Thanks in advance.

Vijay

• 13 years ago

I got the solution for this.

I must use GetNodeFromPoint()  instead of GetChildAtPoint()

Thanks,

Vijay

• 13 years ago
    Well I know for the standard TreeView control you use the method 'GetNodeAt' to retrieve the node at a given point.  It also has a method 'GetChildAtPoint' but this retrieves child controls not nodes.  Perhaps the UltraTree works the same way.  I'd look for a method 'GetNodeAt'.  If you are in fact using the correct method then I'm not sure what to tell you.  The basic logic and code looks fine to me.  Perhaps it's a bug with there control.  You might be better off going to them for support.
  • 13 years ago

I was just a little late :)  Glad you got it figured out.

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.” - Rick Osborne