Toggling row selection in a DataGridView...

csharp Madrid, Spain
  • 13 years ago

Hello Experts,

I have another problem for which I hope that you guys can provide me a solution. I have a datagridview control on my Windows form application. I would want to toggle the row selection when the user clicks on the row i.e., selected row to unselected row and vice versa.

I have tried the following code in the dataGridView1_CellClick event, but it does not work:

private void dgvDataTable_CellClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
            {

//e.RowIndex will give the index of the row clicked on by the user...

if (dgvDataTable.Rows[e.RowIndex].Selected)
                {
                    dgvDataTable.Rows[e.RowIndex].Selected = false;
                }
                else
                {
                    dgvDataTable.Rows[e.RowIndex].Selected = true;
                }
            }

Have also tried the above code in the  dataGridView1_CellMouseDown event and it does not work.

private void dgvDataTable_CellMouseDown(object sender, DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
            {
                {
                }
                else
                {
                }
            }

Could somebody please help me out with it?

Thanks in advance,

Abhisheik. 

• 13 years ago

Write code in CellClick or CellMouseDown otherwise both methods will work and your condition replies same answer.

private void dgvDataTable_CellClick(object sender, DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
            {

//e.RowIndex will give the index of the row clicked on by the user...

else
            }

Post a reply

Enter your message below

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Any fool can write code that a computer can understand. Good programmers write code that humans can understand.” - Martin Fowler