Design shapes in design time with VB.NET ( Good news )

• 13 years ago
    I had got rid of VB.Net few months ago when starting to learn it to convert all my programs developed with VB6 to VB.NET, I have found a lot of difficulties......, among them the design of shapes in design time which can not be seen only in running time.Now;I have just received a copy of VSJ visual systems Journals of November 2007 in page 6, it is stating that Microsoft’s new release Visual Basic 2005 Power Pack 2.0 provide a new set of line and shape controls that enable the developer to design shapes in design time just like VB6 does.

OOOFFFFF !

Therefore, I am back now to deal with VB.Net, I have checked VB2008 and it works OK with the shapes in design time.

Also I have tried to open a VB6 application with VB2008, it prompted me to an upgrade first, then it opens the application for the first time but at design time, it did not compile properly to run it, due to few codes are not convertible from VB6 to Vb2008 yet, hopefully one day we will get the version which can convert the full code.... thanks for Microsoft experts

It will save us a lot of time to re-write 30 to 40 pages programs with VB.net.

Post a reply

No one has replied yet! Why not be the first?

Sign in or Join us (it's free).

Contribute

Why not write for us? Or you could submit an event or a user group in your area. Alternatively just tell us what you think!

Our tools

We've got automatic conversion tools to convert C# to VB.NET, VB.NET to C#. Also you can compress javascript and compress css and generate sql connection strings.

“Debuggers don't remove bugs. They only show them in slow motion.”